Monday, May 23, 2011

Liboria

January 2011

Last night, I asked Liboria (Alfredo's mom), “when we met 5 years ago, did you ever imagine that you’d be staying with me one week a month in Playa?”. They had been staying with her 3 sisters; but Norma has moved back to E.B., Sandi found a boyfriend and moved to Cancun, and Mini is living at the hotel where she works. God had it all planned out, and this week, they are staying with me for the first time! Liboria’s response was that not only did she never imagine coming to Playa; but that she doesn’t know how she could ever thank me enough for all I’ve done for them. She said that if it wasn’t for me, she’d still be sitting in that little house in E.B. not knowing what to do with Alfredo. I told her that her gratitude, and prayers were more enough for me!

Anyways, I get blessed just being able to watch his process of learning how to eat with a fork, turn over on his own when face down, crawl & even stand up (with help of course). We had a lot of fun together, making some tactile stick items that the “daily living activities therapist” asked us to make. These tactile sticks of different textured materials, will help improve the elasticity & stimulation of his skin, while he practices grabbing them. We realized that we have something in common: doing creative art.


No comments:

Post a Comment