Thursday, May 26, 2011

Expansion

January 2011

One of the long term goals for Ek Balam has been to build a worship center, which could become a church in God’s timing. Dani, Andrea, Lalo & Mauricio have accompanied me on several day trips to E.B. to do research on purchasing land. There are several lots for sale; but many of them don’t have titles. I have seen about 8 different pieces of property in total. I know that God has already chosen the right spot from the beginning of time! Luis, the leader of the bible study, is a lawyer and has offered to help with paperwork when the time comes. Bless his heart. Please pray with me for His wisdom & for all the details to work out in His perfect timing.

After my Pastor & a few others from Lighthouse Church, came to visit to the storage palapa that I’ve been staying in for the last few years (thanks to Guadalupe & Don Andres, my adopted parents), they decided to set aside $1000 for a “missionary palapa” to be built in 2011! God is good! A few of us have been brainstorming with the villagers, as to the best way to design this “casita” (little house). In many ways, it will be similar to the palapa that I live in now (in PDC)! We plan to add a second bedroom, so that there will be a place for visitors to stay at too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment