Sunday, August 15, 2010

Walking by the Spirit

We were invited to Maximiliano’s birthday party. He brought his solar bible to me to show me that it’s still working, and to tell me how much he uses it and enjoys it! His expression of gratitude really touched me. I believe he actually went home to get it and show it to me! Thanks to Jay Smith for donating those from West Side Church, Oregon! So, I went for lunch and left with something much more satisfying.

During the party, Gregorio asked Lalo and I for a few minutes of our time. He informed us that he is running for Mayor in July. He asked for our opinion in regards to his top ten goals for reform. He wants to create a better ambiance at the entrance of the town and the park area. His plans include re-building the government building, which the pre-schoolers are currently meeting in. He didn’t seem to have a plan for a new location for them. After expressing concern for this, he said that there was a piece of land in another location, where they could consider building a small school. I told him that along with medical services, this would be a priority on my list and that I would pray about encouraging a mission team to come and build a school. (Anyone interested in this project? The last classroom that a mission team built with the villagers cost about $4000 USD.) Gregorio will be submitting his plans in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment