Thursday, August 12, 2010

Update on Rosa

On a recent trip to Ek, Lalo filled his truck with several bags of clothes, and other items that were donated to the village. I had already notified Rosa by text (yes, she has a cell phone!), so she was eager to see the “goods”. Thanks to Jose, Andrea, Karine, Tere and Carmen for a total of 211 new items for the tienda (store). Rosa is getting used to pricing the clothes on her own now!

Lalo made a new excel sheet which made recording inventory much easier and faster! Rosa is involved with every decision, and she was definitely in favor of this idea! I admire the simplicity of the village myself! He also created the accounting and layaway forms. This was very helpful, since computers are not Rosa’s; nor my strong point. The three of us brainstormed about possibly making a sign for her store front. She requested it to be blue.

The Lord had me give her a new bible and I read 2 Corinth 9.6-14 & Mark 12.41-44. After reading about tithing, Rosa decided to give 10% to both of the churches in the village (5% will go to the Catholic Church and 5% to the 7th Day Adventist Church). She doesn’t attend either one; but felt that it would be fair this way. This was when she shared with me that her husband has been attending a Jehova witness bible study on Fridays. I explained to her that they have changed the context of the Holy Bible & that they don’t believe that Jesus is God. She was surprised to hear this. I read a couple scriptures to her like, John 3.16. I told her I’d be praying with her that the truth will be revealed to Alonzo, and we closed in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment