Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seeds that produce fruit

Eduardo, the dentist, donated another dental chair for the clinic. Lalo hauled it out to the village for us. Out of the 3, it’s the best quality. We have lots of equipment; now we just need to get him and his wife, Hades, to come back to provide service. They have had a busy year. About 9 months ago, Eduardo and I got together to chat. He told me that he was thinking about moving from Cozumel to Playa, so that it would be easier for them to travel to E.B. on a regular basis. He said the dental missions are what fulfills him; unlike any other activity that he does. I agreed, ”yup, that’s what following God’s plan for your life feels like. It’s a wonderful thing”. That day, Eduardo received the confirmation he needed, and went back to the island to begin planning this transition. I’m very proud of him for taking this big step of surrendering his plans, in order to seek God’s plans for his life.

Actually, Eduardo is the first person I led to the Lord about 3 and a half years ago. I remember that day he told me that he had done a dental mission once, and really enjoyed it. At that time, my E.B. mission was still in the beginning stages, but I told him that he may end up doing it again! It’s amazing how God orchestrates things.

No comments:

Post a Comment