Monday, December 21, 2009

Rosa's Ropas

“Rosa’s Ropas”,the thrift store, is in business!! Rosa is becoming a real business woman with her enthusiasm, desire to learn, and level of responsibility. She decided to start a short term hold and lay-away option for the clients. All items are priced, inventory is in order, and accounts receivable are accurate. We now have an excel program backing up the books. I’m so proud of her! We have a lot of fun together and great conversations.

One day, the door opened for me to share my testimony. They asked me why I was so lost and empty and I told them it was because I didn’t have Jesus in my heart! Rosa’s husband was listening to all the details of my story very closely. Seeds were planted in fertile ground! Rosa showed me a new level of acts of service! At 6 months pregnant, she spent 6 hours preparing lunch for her husband one day! It started at 6 a.m. with searching for a pollo (chicken) to purchase for 15 pesos ($1.50). Of course, it was alive, so she had to kill it, remove the feathers, and de-gut it before boiling him up!! All that work for 1 meal!! That’s amor (love)!

No comments:

Post a Comment