Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stepping Out

Hola! Well, this is a miracle! Debi Morris is writing a blog! What will she do next!?

I took the first step into the Jordan River (a step of faith, so to speak)! On July 5th, I hopped a bus to Ek Balam on my first FULL TIME missionary trip! Exciting and adventurous! After waking up to the roosters, the Lord gave me a download of His plan of action (P.O.A.) for the 2 weeks. He prioritized my agenda:

1. To be Spirit led as I encourage my Mayan friends spiritually, while pouring out God’s love!
2. Meet with the Presidente del Municipal (governor) to ask for his support with near future projects: building a “nutrition center” (kitchen and lunch room) at the Elementary School & secure free medical insurance via a governmental program called, “Seguro Popular”.
3. Prepare for “Grand Opening” of the first thrift store in the village.
4. Organize cooking classes using our new solar stoves.
5. Purchase hammocks for a restaurant in Playa del Carmen.

With His faithful guidance, I set out to follow the POA each day! Loving and encouraging people, comes naturally for me, so that part bubbled and overflowed everywhere I went ;)! I was invited to a first communion. After the misa (church service), we prayed together and she thanked Jesus for entering her heart and becoming an intimate part of her life! God is good!

Keep checking back for updates from Ek Balam.


No comments:

Post a Comment