Thursday, November 19, 2009

Insurance Program

The meeting with Governor Don Carlos concerning setting up the insurance program finally took place on the last possible day! The Director of the Elementary School (also named Don Carlos) shared our future goals to build a kitchen and lunch room. With this seed planted, getting official permission and legal documentation will be much smoother, when the time comes.

I thanked the Governor for his help in building the classroom (he installed windows, doors and electricity) and commented that, “we make a good team”! He then responded positively to my request to proceed with the health insurance plan for the village.

I have my work cut out for me now! There is a list of documents that I will need from each person, including a birth certificate. Due to the fact that many people were born at home in a hammock, while the neighbor cut the cord; many do not have this document. When there is a will, there is a way. It will happen in time and with patience! I’m excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment