Monday, May 30, 2011

Visitors

March 2011

I brought my 101 year old great Aunt Lucille a little piece of Ek Balam & she absolutely LOVED it! She even has a picture of Guadalupe (my adopted mom), who made the little hammock. My Aunt Clem flew me up to Massachussettes to "grandma sit" while she took her vacation. It was such a blessing to be able to pray over & minister to my 94 year old grandma! I was the only one in the family who could take the time out of the normal daily routine to be there. This reminded me that being a missionary is the BEST work ever! My aunt's friend was drawn to come to the house and introduce herself. She was so excited to meet a missionary! I told her it was a divine appointment, because she received Jesus in her heart that night!

The Oregon men's group is asking me to do a little more research on the land, before they go ahead and make a decision. Prayerfully, I will have some time to check into some of that when we go to the village next month.

I have a prayer request for the proposal for financial assistance, from the Federal Government to be approved. Marta, (my Dentist’s sister) who is a grant writer affiliated with the Fed. Gov’t, came with us for the follow up meeting with the Community Board Members. She explained a prerequisite to the agreement with the Gov’t is that they would be willing to set aside a portion of the land to be protected from animals being hunted and trees being cut down. There were 9 men who opted to donate a portion of their land to be conserved. We drove through 5 kilometers of overgrown dirt roads to take measurements of their land with her G.P.S. machine. At the end of the day, the Board Members signed the proposal request. We will have a response from the Gov’t in May. Prayerfully, they will be sending money for us to get started on a few projects that they will approve!

No comments:

Post a Comment